YC-LIFE began in early 2010 as a collaborative project to develop a new sustainable system for measuring the overall quality of life in Yakima County by tracking key indicators of economic, social and environmental well-being. With this information, Yakima County residents would be able to recognize the true needs in their community and work together to identify strategies and resources to help address those needs.
As organizations and community leaders participated in developing YC-LIFE, a new vision for tackling community issues emerged, partly based on successes in other communities using a model for community action called "Collective Impact". United Way of Central Washington, the Yakima Valley Community Foundation, and Yakima County have provided support for the development of YC-LIFE as a backbone support capacity for collective impact initiatives in Yakima County.
Go to the YC-LIFE website to:
- view the indicator data for Yakima County
- Read the YC-LIFE charter
- Download the membership application
- See the list of organization, coalition and individual members
Read about Collective Impact
The vision of YC-LIFE is that Yakima County will be a safer, more harmonious community by supporting Economic Self-Sufficiency, Educational Attainment, Healthy Family and Social Relationships and Community Connectedness through collaboration between citizens, service providers and leaders.
YC–LIFE’s mission is to support local Collective Impact projects by tracking key indicators of Economic, Educational, Social and Environmental well-being; advocating for cross collaborations of citizens, service providers and leaders; and providing assistance to existing and developing initiatives to create measureable solutions to identified needs.
YC-LIFE will operate as a Backbone Support organization for local Collective Impact initiatives by:
- Providing strategic direction by advocating collective impact strategies to assist in strategic solutions to build and sustain a healthier community.
- Facilitating dialogue between partners by publishing an Annual Data Report and promoting ongoing collective impact efforts.
- Managing data collection and analysis by maintaining centralized data collection and analysis to ensure data-driven solutions and reduction of duplication of efforts.
- Coordinating community outreach by providing community mobilization assistance to engage the community in new and existing initiatives.
- Mobilizing funding by supporting collaborative grant writing and resource development efforts to ensure sustainability.