Help United Way help your community
Make Change Happen
United Way of Central Washington relies on the generous help of volunteers to lead our community investment process. Impact Councils are collaborations of non-profit, government, business leaders and community members. Impact Councils report to the Community Impact Cabinet, a standing committee of the United Way Board of Directors.
Impact Council Volunteers help United Way by...
- Evaluating United Way's investments in Partner Agencies
- Actively participating in the investment process by reviewing, scoring and ranking nonprofit programs based on alignment with United Way's goals and program performance
- Recommending program investments to the Community Impact Cabinet
- Representing United Way in the community
How You Benefit
- Be a Community Impact leader
- Deepen awareness of community issues, needs and resources
- Develop personal and professional skills
- Increase your visibility and your employers' in the community
Your community needs your...
- Desire to deepen knowledge about community issues
- Passion for making the community a better place for everyone
- Good comunication and analytical skills
- Understanding of measurable outcomes and community impact
- Ability to commit up to 25 hours per year for meetings, application review, and research
Be Part of the Change!
Contact Kaci Worley to learn more about volunteering with United Way. Opportunities to participate are available throughout the year.