What are the advantages of giving through United Way?
- Your gift goes to help people who really need it.
- It's local. Funds raised in the area stay here to address local problems.
- It's accountable. Volunteers decide which programs receive funds, and ensure that services are high quality and meet high priority community needs.
- It's efficient. Volunteers help conduct the campaign to keep costs low.
- It's effective. By bringing the community together, we accomplish much more than we can alone. United Way makes your caring count!
- It's easy. Payroll deductions make giving simple.
Is my United Way contribution tax deductible?
Please consult your tax advisor for information on your specific situation.
Giving to United Way, and to other nonprofit organizations classified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, entitles taxpayers who file itemized returns to a tax deduction.
Only people who itemize deductions on their income tax returns may deduct the value of the cash or property they contribute to tax-exempt organizations, which may be subject to restrictions at upper income levels.
Where does my United Way donation go?
Can I afford to give?
I already volunteer. Why should I give?